Jan 7, 2014

my hope for 2014.

While everyone has so eloquently summed up their 2013 in 140 characters or less, I haven't been able to translate a single thought on paper in several days. I'm going through one of those phases..

This first month of having Julian with us has been touching, tiresome, beautiful and hard all at the same time. Parenting, for the most part, makes you feel so amazing but then there are those moments when you can't help but feel like you're failing somehow. At least that's how I've been feeling as of lately. Every day is a balancing act that I'm working hard at mastering. In the meantime I am thankful to have the most patient toddler. Instead of whining about the fact I've had to hold his little brother for most of the day, he comes to me with only hugs and kisses, as if to say "I understand Mama." Luca, you are too good for words.



I've spent a lot of time thinking about 2014 and what I want this year to mean for me. The word that keeps coming up is choice. Choosing to be happy always, instead of just sometimes. Choosing to find beauty in the every day. Choosing school over a career I am not passionate about. And choosing to surround myself with quality people, even if it means just one or two.

Choice. It can be hard at times, but goodness is it liberating.

Happy New Year friends. xo

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! :)